Consulting on your sports pitch
Why go to a Sports Pitch Consultant or Sports Turf Consultant? Sports pitch contractors have a wealth of experience and there are no obvious extra fees.
BUT there are a number of factors worth considering…
- A contractor must make a profit to survive – opting for design and methods he is familiar with though they may not be the best for you.
- In a dispute with an uninformed client – the contractor has the arguing power by falling back on his experience and you may need help.
- The client depends on the integrity of the foreman on site – so much depends on his knowledge and experience which may not be enough.
- There are always extra costs in a contract of some value – here the contractor is sure of making a profit but you need to ensure best value.
- Attention to detail ensures success – bulk items of work bring greater financial return than finishing ones and you may need expert finishing touch.
- A consultant acts as a mediator – he judges progress in the work in an unbiased manner.
- A consultant ensures securing the best price for the specified work – by going to tender on specified work competition is ensured.
- A reputable consultant has professional qualifications – his experience and reputation should give peace of mind.
A qualified sports pitch consultant is able to provide a number of services in which a client can benefit
- acting as an expert witness at times of contractual dispute between client and contractor
- assessing conditions on a new site and preparing a feasibility study for development
- preparing a specified design and over-seeing the contract through to completion
- solving problems occurring on site – generally involving drainage
- advising in cost-effective maintenance planning and budgeting
As a consultant my prime aim is to give peace of mind to the client and contractor assuring them both that I have the professional expertise and will judge fairly in the over-seeing of contract work on site through to proper completion and establishment.