Sports pitch construction expert witness
Inevitably there are failures in sports pitch construction and management. These can involve the playing surface or inadequate drainage. Furthermore, hazards can arise on the playing surface that endanger the safety of players. This has often led to court appearance testifying as an expert witness.
After more than 40 years in the turfgrass industry and being a contractor for half that period before confining my services to consulting, I have acquired knowledge on the causes of failure following drainage inadequacies, poor design or improper construction methods. As a qualified agronomist and specialising in soil science and drainage this experience in turfgrass projects enables me to give sound professional advice and defend my stance in areas of dispute.
At times of heavy or persistent rainfall I have been approached to advise on drainage needs – but more often called in to prepare a statement to assist in ending a dispute between the owner and the contractor who has completed drainage or construction works. This has often led to court appearance testifying as an expert witness.
- Sandbach United Football Club – failure in construction of 8 new pitches
- Yeovil Town Football Club – dispute with maintenance contractor ends in court
- Arnold Town Football Club, Nottingham – disputes with consultant
- Skelmersdale Football Club – disputes with contractor
- Radclyffe School – pitches in Northampton suffers from poor construction
- Manchester United Football Club – dispute with contractor over drainage
- Walbottle Campus Technical College – pitches suffer from poor construction
- Carlton Road School – pitch on land fill fails to drain
- Fawley Parish Council – sued by player for pitch hazard
- Flooding – Billericay, Essex
- Horse damage – on a turf farm in York
- Tottenham Hotspur Football Club – dispute with drainage contractor